I have been hearing a ton of talk about these ‘overnight’ oats and I have a recipe that not only sounds delicious but really is so tasty. It’s perfect for breakfast and can easily be prepared the night before. It’s ready for the morning rush to take the kiddos to school. The best part is that it’s GLUTEN FREE! Andddd, you can add whatever toppings you want! Win, win, win!
Pinterest Link: http://dishingouthealth.com/vanilla-maple-almond-butter-overnight-oats/
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp salted creamy almond butter*
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract. I found it best to use a drippy almond butter for ease of mixing – I personally love Trader Joe’s brand!
- Combine almond butter mixture, oats and almond milk in a mason jar with a lid or tupperware container. Shake or stir until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate (covered) overnight or at least 6 hours. Add toppings of choice and dig in!
*If using unsalted almond butter, add a pinch of sea salt to oats to help bring out the flavors
*If making gluten-free, use certified GF oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
Comments & Replies
Leave a comment