How To Make Your Botox and Fillers Last Longer
This is something I’m always asking my dermatologist (Dr. Robinson at Modern Derm). As much as I love going to see her, I would love to lengthen the time in between appointments. For so many reasons. Number one reason – It’s pricey! By the end of the year, I may as well paid for a facelift. LOL – I’m totally kidding. Number two reason is I’m trying to be better at scheduling appointments for only one day of the week. Otherwise, I end up being an errand girl all day, every day. I need to be home being productive with my work responsibilities and things for my family. Number three– who actually enjoys getting needles in their face and then being swollen all day. So that’s why I would love to prolong the time in between botox and have it last as long as possible.
Let’s talk about ways you can make the most of your botox and filler. These are both amazing and noninvasive ways of ant-aging. If you go to the correct injector you can take years off your face! I’m a true believer. Usually, botox lasts for 3-6 months depending on how you take care of it and how fast your body metabolizes it.
Number 1 – Keeping skin hydrated is your number one goal. Hyaluronic Acid (many fillers made of this) is a water magnet. More water in your body means you will stay plump and keep your smooth skin. Try and drink 1 Liter of water each day. I also recommend this HYALURONIC ACID to apply to your face and neck every single night. This will help keep water attracted to your skin cells and keep your skin nice and smooth. I’m obsessed with this line created by my derm. She created it to be more affordable with all the same powerful ingredients we see in Skin Ceuticals.
Number 2 – Use a few products that help promote the longevity of Botox. I swear by the ExLinea Peptide (Botox in A Bottle). Formulated to help spot treat wrinkles around eyes, forehead and brows. I pretty much apply it to my entire face at night. It’s meant to help relax your wrinkles and keep your skin smooth. The peptides work to fill in any lines. To keep filler in lips longer use LIP PLUMPERS to prolong your results. If you don’t do filler in your lips but want to enhance your lips you should try this LIP SYSTEM.
Number 3 – Did you know that exercising metabolizes your botox faster? This is something I throw up my hands to. I’m never going to stop working out and neither should you. When you workout, try not to make crazy faces or furrow your brow while running or doing intense moves. I see people at the gym all the time making faces and I’m thinking “please relax your face.” lol.
Number 4 – Use sunscreen. Too much sun exposure takes a toll on your skin. Protect your skin from the harmful rays and watch your botox last longer. I love ELTAMD. Formulated for melasma skin as well. It’s amazing.
Number 5 – Have you heard that taking Zinc every day (up to one week) before getting your botox will help it last longer? There are many studies that show the link between botox and Zinc is very important. Botox must adhere to the molecule zinc to be activated. People with deficiencies or not enough won’t have a great botox result. I use Garden of Life supplements.
1. wake up wash face – Glycolic Renewal Cleanser – This cleanser is blowing my mind. The glycolic acid in it is 8% and does such a great job of re-texturizing your skin. It’s evening out tone, texture and does wonders for hyperpigmentation. You can also feel the tingle when you face. It will definitely be my new go-to cleanser.
2. Vitamin C Serum during the day is so important for anti-aging and sun protection. I wear this every single day under my sunscreen and make -up. (skin ceutical dupe and made by my dermatologist. I’m obsessed) – let absorb for 1 minute
4. Sunscreen – this one is formulated for skin that is prone to hyperpigmentation or breakouts. I don’t go anywhere without this. I also wear sunscreen to bed! Phone and TV, give off harmful rays that break down your skin and collagen!
5. EYE BALM,(best around and not near as expensive as what I was using from my doctor. It’s half the price and amazing!) in the mornings & at night I put it on
6. ANTI-AGING CONCEALER(color -medium sand)/ for under eyes and anywhere else you need coverage (conceals dark spots, bags under eyes, veins, pigment, break outs, scars) If I was stranded on a island this is the one product I’d take. I’m lost without it. I actually feel naked when I’m not wearing it.
7. COLORSCIENCE STICK (I wear medium) doubles as my powder with SPF in it!
night regimen –
3.I swear by the ExLinea Peptide (Botox in A Bottle). Formulated to help spot treat wrinkles around eyes, forehead and brows. I pretty much apply it to my entire face at night. It’s meant to help relax your wrinkles and keep your skin smooth. The peptides work to fill in any lines. To keep filler in lips longer use LIP PLUMPERS to prolong your results. If you don’t do filler in your lips but want to enhance your lips you should try this LIP SYSTEM.
5. EYE BALM(best around and not near as expensive as what I was using from my doctor. It’s half the price and amazing!) in the mornings & at night I put it on
I hope this helps! If you are in CT go visit my derm Dr. Robinson at Modern Derm! She’s amazing and I love how she injects!!! This is so important when choosing your doctor.