A couple things I never want to LIVE without….SoHo & blue jeans. I’ve lived in the NYC area now for almost 7 years. I spend a lot of time in SoHo for work projects, meetings, shopping, and date nights. If you plan on visiting New York City, make sure and spend some time in the lovely area called SoHo. Over 300 shops and I call it the “best outdoor mall” in the world. Get lost walking the cobblestone streets and popping into novelty shops but also experience the well known shops you love by walking down Broadway. It’s a winning combination. Check out my SoHo Favorites List.
The Soho area is so large and the shopping takes up all of it. You will find yourself shopping all over. There isn’t one designated street to shop in this area.
1.Chanel-Chanel-Chanel! This store deserves a stop. Go in and shop or pretend to shop. You’ll see bags that will make your jaw drop. The entire store is a NYC experience. I bought my first Chanel bag here and have great memories in this store.
2.Adidas Original Store (136 Wooster St.) – my favorite sneakers with the 3 stripes. Check out the original Adidas store and score “one of a kind” Adidas sneakers.
3.Uniqlo Flagship Store – international clothing store with the best prices and coolest clothes. I love the lounge stuff and tees. Amazing basics for your closet. It’s a HUGE store, you’ll get lost in it.
4.What Goes Around Comes Around – second hand Vintage shop. You will find incredible things in here, like vintage designer bags & jewelry.
5.Housing Works Thrift Shop – I first went into this shop with my friend Jenny Komenda. Walked out with an amazing set of vintage books and home decorations. It’s such a great place to find things for shelves or coffee tables. They are known for their furniture that comes through there as well. But for the travelers it’s an experience and I’m sure you can find something small to fit in your suitcase.
6.Dolce & Gabanna – I love taking friends into this breathtaking store. It doesn’t get any better than this. It’s super high fashion and really fun to check out what the latest and craziest sky high heels look like.
7.Bite Bar Beauty – Design your own custom color and lipstick at this amazing Lip bar. I just experienced this with girlfriends and had so much fun! I designed a Matte lip color because we all know, it’s trending now.
8.Alice & Olivia – I’m crazy about this shop and designer. Her pieces are unique and really fun to wear. You can find things in this store that are not sold anywhere else. It’s an experience to shop and change in these dressing rooms.
9.Anthropologie – It’s on the cutest corner in SoHo on a cobblestone street. It looks like the set of an old fashioned movie. It’s a huge space with tons of favorites. And of course the smell that makes you feel like you are right at home or in your own Anthropologie back home.
10.Tommy Hilfiger is a definite favorite in SoHo. The newish store on west broadway is so cool to experience. The service is amazing. I have spent many hours in those dressing rooms.
11. AG Jeans – The best place to figure out the perfect fit and size of jeans you wear. I love AG Jeans. You can always find great deals and the latest styles of AG jeans in this boutique.
12. Burberry SoHo – My first and only Burberry coat was purchased here five years ago. It’s an amazing NYC experience to shop in this store. It’s huge!
13. French Connection – I usually start my SoHo shopping at this huge shop. I love their chunky sweaters and cool shoes. This is a favorite.
14. Helen Ficalora – My absolute favorite jewelry shop in SoHo. Get the famous initial charms to add to your necklace. This shop also has pieces that are only in the NYC store.
15. Intermix -98 Prince St, One of my absolute favorites. I come to SoHo to shop here. I get my Rag & Bone jeans and trendy pieces here. Whatever is trending in fashion will always be present at Intermix. I bought my bomber jacket here and embroidered military jacket. Also my favorite Alexis dress. It’s way too much fun.
16.Walk down Broadway for well known shops like; ZARA, Bloomingdales of SoHo, Madewell, H&M, Forever 21, Aritzia.
1.Delicatessean – The best comfort food! I can’t be in SoHo without stopping at my favorite restaurant. I get the tuna tartare and the fresh kale salad every single time. If I’m in the mood I order a side of the truffle brussel sprouts, UNREAL! The truffle fries and mini sliders are amazing as well. I also have friends that order from their Mac & Cheese Bar. I love going with a big group so I can try a little of everything. It’s all so good.
2.Cafe Habana – Kelly Ripa agrees with me that this place has the best cuban sandwich and corn in the city. This place is always crowded so if you are in a hurry go around the corner to the take out counter and eat it on one of the colorful benches out front.
3.Balthazar – French food at it’s finest. Get french baked goods & pastries to-go or eat at the restaurant. You’ll for sure spot celebs or models while dining. It’s a favorite for brunch. I love the eggs benedict. People rave about the onion soup too.
4.Jack’s Wife Freda – the cutest spot on instagram right now. I had to try it after seeing it all over the web. It did not disappoint. Look here at their menu and you will want to try everything! Latte dreams come true here, egg dishes are beyond incredible, the belgium waffles are worth every single calorie, and the burger & fries are unreal.
5.Chobani Yogurt Bar – Create your own custom yogurt bowl or order from their menu. I had the most amazing yogurt with honey,walnuts,chia seeds and blueberries. I wish I had breakfast here every single day.
6.Laduree SoHo – It’s just like the famous Laduree in Paris. If you have time to experience this restaurant it’s beautiful. It’s also macaroon heaven! I love the pistachio macaroons.
7.La Esquina – ordering at the take out window is the best option for this. Or if you have time to make a reservation 1-2 months out then eat at the La Esquina restaurant. It’s the best Mexican food in the city.
8.Joe & The Juice – A great spot to stop for a green juice or smoothie. They have the yummiest energy shake made with raspberries. yuuuuum!
9.Olives – this famous sandwich shop is a favorite. Avocado toast is a favorite. The perfect on the go sandwiches.
1.Magnum Ice Cream Bar – create your very own custom Magnum Ice Cream bar. It’s incredible and I highly recommend this!
2.Eileen’s Cheesecake – This is a hidden gem in SoHo. One of the best slices of cheesecake I have ever had. I’m obsessed with the fresh strawberry or the marble. I love splurging on this treat!
3.Jacques Torres – best chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich out there. The chocolate lovers dreams will come true in this shop. It’s incredible. Get the hot cocoa on chilly days!
3.10 Below Rolled Ice Cream (10 Mott Street) almost china town or maybe even in Chinatown but close enough to SoHo (wink,wink)
4.16 Handles – my favorite spot for frozen yogurt, choose from 16 flavors and add any toppings.
5. Rice to Riches – the best Rice Pudding Bar in all the land. People come from everywhere to experience all the flavors. 21 to be exact! I love the flavor – sex, drugs and rockyroad. Guilty pleasure for sure.
6. Dominique Ansel Bakery – This is an incredible bakery made famous for their cronuts. My kids prefer the cookie shots or frozen s’mores and I can’t say no to the DKA. You have to go there to see what it is! It’s a good thing you walk a lot in SoHo!
6.Little Cupcake BakeShop – this is my favorite corner in SoHo. It’s across from the every changing mural wall for fun pictures. Grab a cupcake or 2 and take pictures on this charming corner in SoHo. I’m a sucker for the strawberry cupcake and coconut cloud. My husband loves the german chocolate. And all the bars and cookies are amazing as well. You can’t go wrong with anything!
1.PaintBox Nails – get reservations to experience this manicure. Your nails will never look better or cooler. You’ll get the coolest designs and colors to choose from. People wait months for their appointment!
2.Marie Nails- Just like paintbox (#1) but a little easier to get a reservation. It’s one that I’ve been told to go to by a friend that is the nail guru of NYC.
3.Bite Beauty Lab – Design your own custom color and lipstick at this amazing Lip bar. I just experienced this with girlfriends and had so much fun! I designed a Matte lip color because we all know, it’s trending now.
4. Brow Haus – Need help shaping your brows on-the-go? Stop here for any kind of waxing or threading. I can’t stop threading my eyebrows. It cleans them up so well.
5. Pucker SoHo – Stop in to get your make done or get a make up lesson. I had so much fun learning from these make-up artists. They have so many tips and tricks to share. Definitely great for a bridal party or girls trip.
6.Bloomingdales SoHo – The cosmetic department is incredible. I end up with my bag full of samples and new things to try. It’s never crowded unlike the department stores uptown.