Chicken Taco Soup
We love this soup many times a month! Especially in the cooler months. We have it every single Halloween. There is nothing better than coming home to warm taco soup.
- 1 white onion , chopped finely
- 1 16 oz. can chili beans or red kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn drained or I use a bag of frozen white corn from Trader Joes
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained (I love the rotel brand)
- 1 1.25 oz. package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless , boneless, chicken breasts, thawed or frozen
Stir onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, dice tomatoes, and taco season into a slow cooker. I use this CROCKPOT. Lay the chicken breast on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly so that it gets covered by other ingredients. Set slow cooker to low heat, cover, and cook for4-5 hours on low if your chicken is thawed. May take 6 hours on low if your chicken is frozen.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup. You can add some water if you like it a little thinner.
Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
I love the lid and rubber handle closure.
enjoy soup season!
posts this week