I’m on the hunt for low carb salads. I’ve been carb cycling and a couple days a week I eat less than 30 carbs in a day.
Love finding great salads with amazing flavors, and Pinterest has made it super easy to find them. Here’s another great salad recipe for you all!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (or more oil if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets (or breast fillets)
- 5 ounces |150g bacon , diced and trimmed of all fat
- 8 cups mixed salad lettuce leaves (or Romaine | Cos lettuce leaves)
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- extra Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper , to taste
Whisk balsamic dressing / marinade ingredients together until well combined. Pour 2-3 tablespoons into a shallow bowl. Add the chicken thighs and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside for 10 minutes while the frying bacon.
Fry bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium-high heat. Wipe pan over with paper towel.
Cook chicken fillets until crisp and cooked through (about 7 minutes each side).
Arrange all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with the bacon, chicken, avocado and sprinkle with feta, extra Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and s